YES WE WILL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YES WE WILL

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recruiting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin

Number of posts : 239
Quote : Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting   Recruiting Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:05 am

Ok, so I was perusing the rankings looking for some quality warlords to extend an invite to the clan.

I found one I was interested in, how was below level 40 and contacted the clan leader so that he wouldn't think I was trying to do something behind his back. Considering we've had 7 warlords who have either left, or notified me about recruitments from other warlords, I figure this would be the higher road to take. This is the reply I got:

Quote :

Receiving this letter from you is quite disheartening. You say it is not your intention to poach, yet if it wasn't for your mistake Drackose would have received the mail the same time as me....which would have left it out of my hands completely(other then giving me more work to convince him to stay)....so how is that not poaching?
Our clans are not allies or friends and I have never been contacted by anyone in your clan....so why would I want to give up a member, let alone one of my best warlords, to you guys out of the blue for no reason?
We have spent too much time putting this clan together to have someone come and try to steal our warlords.
I am surprised and disappointed to see these actions from 2 of the top 5 clans(absinthe is doing the same). I don't agree with this tactic, but if this is how you want to play the round then go ahead, but please refrain from trying to recruit any more of my warlords.

Needless to say, this set my teeth on edge. Wish I would have saved a copy of my reply (which I hate to admit, am rather proud of the cutting words I put togetherLOL) Essentially I wrote back stating that I wrote him as a courtesy, a courtesy that was not extended to me from the clan leaders who attempted to recruit (sometimes successfully) members of my clan. And that as a clan leader I allow my members to make moves that are better for them, as that is the kind of leader I want to be. If you don't, you don't. Further this was an opportunity for you to make negotiations, but apparently that is more advanced game play than you can manage.

(poor paraphrase....but you get the jist) I mostly wanted to post this because I noticed this same clan leader has attacked a few of our members, although admittedly it was for gold, but still....

p/s this was not his best warlord, I passed over his best one, as I figured it would not fly.
Back to top Go down

Recruiting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
YES WE WILL :: CLANS :: Clan threads-
Jump to: