YES WE WILL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YES WE WILL

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Story of your warlord's name

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Story of your warlord's name Empty
PostSubject: Story of your warlord's name   Story of your warlord's name Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Been wondering about some of the names out there, so "if I tell you mine, will you tell me yours?"

NiUserTefnut is named for a character I played in a D&D game (of all things) set in ancient Egypt - he was a priest of Tefnut, the (quite fierce and savage) lioness-headed goddess of moist winds, rain and storms. The name, roughly translated, means "He is imbued with the strength of Tefnut"

So, that was mine, will you tell me yours?
Back to top Go down
Admin

Number of posts : 239
Quote : Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Story of your warlord's name   Story of your warlord's name Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:01 pm

The long boring story....
Spoiler:

I spent 3 months trying to find a beach name I wanted to live with. I finally stumbled upon the name Astraea. Astraea was a goddess of Justice (which kind of fit my general personality, especially since I was planning on meading out justice in a fun way in the coming round) who rose above the sea in total disgust of the state of mankind to become the constellation of Virgo. She ruled over all 4 seasons (which includes summer LOL) and then I found that the name of a type of seashell is astraea also, it all rolled together for me. At the end of that round, a new rule was implemented that we would have a username, but players could change what name they went by in the game (so that people didn't have to worry about those who held grudges from previous rounds hunting them down). Thus I would remain astraea for lol eternity, unless I make anew account and let this one die.

Ack, long and boring, but a bit of LoL history thrown in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Story of your warlord's name   Story of your warlord's name Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:08 pm

But that is the sort of stuff I was hoping for.

:cheers:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Story of your warlord's name   Story of your warlord's name Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:21 am

Awesome, I had been wondering what NiUserTefnut meant! My story is short and not all that interesting, Ravenna is the name of the main character in one of the books I'm writing. She is an ancient goddess doomed to walk the Earth with mortals for eternity. I just thought it sounded right for the game..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Story of your warlord's name   Story of your warlord's name Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:18 am

pustiso means fake teeth. you know, something like you buy from your dentist when your teeth start falling when you grow old :face:

one time i am looking for a name not so serious that if someone read or saw it, they will start laughing coz the name is just too hilarious for a character name. while playing warcraft 3, me and my friends were all serious that we all wanted to win the match. suddenly one of our friends drop his fake teeth while playing at it. we all saw it, silence has filled the room, then suddenly there's a nonstop laughter. to make the situation worse for our friend, we make all our username "pustiso". and after that, i've been using that name for all my accounts.
Back to top Go down
Admin

Number of posts : 239
Quote : Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Story of your warlord's name   Story of your warlord's name Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:55 am

ROFL, now that is funny Very Happy :lol!:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Story of your warlord's name   Story of your warlord's name Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:03 am

LOL at Pustiso!! I will think of teeth everytime I check the Headquarters!

I started playing a fairly rubbish MMORPG called Mostergame which you could either be a Vampire or a Werewolf. After hours of trailing through various (and some were really weird btw) Vampire sites I came across the story of the Leanansidhe and really liked it (watch out NiUserTefnut :P)

The Leanansidhe (Lan-awn-shee) is a beautiful female vampire faery. She is said to give inspiration to poets, but the reward for her services is death, or, at best, captivity in her kingdom.

She lives under the Irish Sea off the eastern coast of Ireland.

Like all vampires, she is a blood-sucker. But rather than drinking the blood of her victims, she collects it in a huge red cauldron which is said to be the source of her beauty and powers of poetic inspiration. This may connect her with the Celtic Crone Goddesses who preside over the great cauldron of life, death, and rebirth.

This is the avatar I decided to use for her, I think it's ummm *looks for the right word* haunting.

Story of your warlord's name Vampirefemale2jpeg

I think the smear on her face is lipstick but I like to think it's blood *evil laugh*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story of your warlord's name   Story of your warlord's name Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story of your warlord's name
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
YES WE WILL :: CLANS :: Clan threads-
Jump to: